Amanda-Users

Re: Xinetd not starting amanda

2003-03-13 01:10:27
Subject: Re: Xinetd not starting amanda
From: Adam Smith <adam.smith AT sageautomation DOT com>
To: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:42:07 +1030
On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 11:02:15PM -0500, Gene Heskett said:

> It appears you have everything covered with the possible exception
> of the .amandahosts file.  If you configured with it, then the
> allowable hosts must be listed in this file.  Its discussed in the
> docs.  Also, make sure that the reverse lookup is correct using
> "dig -x 192.168.8.50".  If that fails, you'll need to fix your
> named records for that domain.

It was both of those problems.  I had only whacked in a DNS entry because
of the error that was being generated, and hadn't thought about reverse DNS
at the time.  After running amcheck again, I got the error about the
.amandahosts file, created it, and it all seems to be fine.

All I need to do now is run a test backup sequence and everything should be
good :-)

Thanks.

--
Adam Smith