Amanda-Users

get permission denied ( Newbie)

2003-03-11 15:31:30
Subject: get permission denied ( Newbie)
From: Jim Quinlan <ywure_2000 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 10:38:16 -0800 (PST)
First pass at debugging my set-up.
I run su amanda -c "amcheck daily"

I get the following result

bash: /root/.bashrc: Permission denied
"/etc/amanda/daily/amanda.conf", line 0: default
tapetype EXABYTE not
defined
amcheck: errors processing config file
"/etc/amanda/daily/amanda.conf"

I have tried to follow the guide on Frankelinux.com
http://people.web.psi.ch/bearpark/mirror/frankenlinux.com/
guides/amandaclient.html

I have the obvious problem with default tapetype
EXABYTE not defined.

Before I started I read somewhere that I could run
amanda without
tapes and then put the result on a CD.

I assumed by eliminating all the tape data ( didn't
realize exabyte
would be a default ) with # at the beginning of each
line.

I have all the steps I did as root saved ( copied the
terminal screen
)but of course that's tediously long;

Also I am a one machine user with both Windows and
Linux Red Hat 8.0.

My ultimate intent is to backup all the computer.
After I get past
this I have to master Samba enough to be workable so I
can get
Windows.

DO I have the ability to write the data saved on the
amanda backup
directory to CD.

WHAT must I do to get rid of the tape defaults.

Thank You
Jim

=====
Be Good to Yourself