Amanda-Users

Re: confusion about exclude lists

2003-03-11 15:31:12
Subject: Re: confusion about exclude lists
From: Rob Helmer <robert AT roberthelmer DOT com>
To: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 10:48:01 -0800
On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 07:55:31PM -0500, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 03:53:03PM -0800, Rob Helmer wrote:
> > Is there any way I can have one exclude.gtar for /, and one
> > for /usr/local ? For example, I may want /etc and not
> > /usr/local/etc, or vice versa and the exclude list would
> > look at both as an entry for "etc".
>
> From amanda.conf:
>
> #    If a relative pathname is specified as the exclude list,
> #    it is searched from within the directory that is
> #    going to be backed up.
>
> Thus, each DLE can have its own exclude file.

Oh, ok, so you specify the path to the exclude list relative
to the dir specified to be backed up, e.g.

/export/home/exclude.gtar
/exclude.gtar

And have this as a disklist :

# hostname      diskdevice      dumptype        spindle interface
server          /               normal          0
server          /export/home    normal          0

And each client specified the exclude list in their amanda.conf like so :

exclude list "./exclude.gtar"

Am I reading that correctly?

Thank you,
Rob Helmer