Amanda-Users

Re: The Old Selfcheck Issue

2003-02-10 22:01:17
Subject: Re: The Old Selfcheck Issue
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: Brad <rbt AT vt DOT edu>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:48:34 -0500
On Monday 10 February 2003 14:17, Brad wrote:
>Hello,
>

>We change the IP address on our amanda server because we moved to
> a new building. Now, when we run "su amanda -c "amcheck daily" we
> continually get the 'selfcheck request timed out' error, but the
> server can still check the other hosts it backs up. No other
> changes were made to the server. It was up and running for
> several months before the move w/o any problems. Here's what I've
> verified:
>
>amanda can write to /var/tmp/amanda
>there are no firewalls in place
>according to lsof, all amanda services are still running
>I can ping the server from itself and from other clients on the
> network Restarting xinetd or rebooting does not correct the
> problem The server has entries for itself in
> /var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts
>
>Any ideas? We're using version 2.4.2p2-7 on a RH 7.3 server (it
> was installed with RH's default rpms). Like I said earlier, it
> worked perfectly for several months before we moved to the new
> building and changed IPs, but that doesn't seem like it should
> cause this.
>
>Thanks

Is there no way you can restore the ip address to the original?

I ask because the ip is one of the items thats configured and built
into the executables at compile time, or is when built the way I
build amanda here.

You may have to rebuild amanda with the new ip's being specified in
the configuration script.

Having that as a script rather than trying to remember all the
options when you upgrade makes for consistency because you will
then know that each newer version has been built with the exact
same set of options.

I can post my script if you are interested.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M