Amanda-Users

Re: question

2003-01-31 16:54:13
Subject: Re: question
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: David.Lee AT arvatousa DOT com, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 16:25:07 -0500
On Friday 31 January 2003 15:31, David.Lee AT arvatousa DOT com wrote:
>I login to a host (Sun Solaris) as  user 'amanda'  and ran
>/usr/local/libexec/runtar.
>I got "gnutar not available on this system." error.
>I had installed gnu tar version 1.3 on the system.
>'amanda' has no path issue.
>
>Should I installed another version?
>Any suggestion?
>
>Thanks!
>
>David

I have no idea why amanda can't find it, but see our earlier
messages about the tar version numbers, they are very important.
1.13 alone won't cut it, the suffix -19 or -25 must be appended in
the report when you do a 'tar --version'

If it wasn't installed when the ./configure was done, then it won't
find it to hard code it into the amanda executables, so blow away
the files 'config.cache' and 'config.status' after you've installed
the right version of tar, and then rerun ./configure & make (as
amanda), and make install (as root), and that should probably fix
the can't find messages.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M