Amanda-Users

Newbies Guide to Setting Up Amanda

2003-01-31 11:52:22
Subject: Newbies Guide to Setting Up Amanda
From: Bearpark Ralph <Ralph.Bearpark AT psi DOT ch>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 17:04:31 +0100
Rob Hoffman has given me permission to mirror his excellent Amanda set-up
guides while his site (Frankenlinux.com) is down.

You can find them starting here:

http://people.web.psi.ch/bearpark/mirror/frankenlinux.com/guides/amandaintro
.html

Having recently "enjoyed" the experience of setting up Amanda Backup server
and clients on Linux and Solaris, these guides saved me a *lot* of grey
hairs.  Maybe they can help some people here too.

I rescued them from the WayBackMachine (http://www.archive.org/) and I hope
I got the latest versions.  The guides refer to amanda-2.4.2p2 but I found
them fine for my 2.4.3 installation.

IMHO, amanda.org should adopt and update these guides or create something
very much like them.

Regards, Ralph.