Amanda-Users

cannot fit anything on tape, bailing out ....

2003-01-31 06:06:35
Subject: cannot fit anything on tape, bailing out ....
From: Heiko Schellhorn <schell AT iup.physik.uni-bremen DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 11:38:22 +0100
Hi

I've installed amanda 2.4.3 on Suse 8.0, controlling an Qualstar TLS  4480 (80
Slots) AIT-3. I'm testing this configuration first time.
The library and amanda are working fine together.

I get this message by amanda:
planner: FATAL cannot fit anything on tape, bailing out

The directory I want to backup has 59GB. The tape has native 100GB and
compressed estimated 200GB capacity.
The backup should fit nearly two times to the tape compressed yet nearly 4
times.

Has anyone an suggestion why I get this message and how to solve.
May it be amanda calculates the size of the partition where the directory is
stored ? Because the partition has 800GB and is consequently bigger than tape
capacity.

Thanks in advance

Heiko
Dipl. Inf. Heiko Schellhorn

University of Bremen                    Room:   NWI-W3140
Inst. of Environmental Physics  Phone:  +49(0)421 218 4080
P.O. Box 33 04 40                       Fax:            +49(0)421 218 4555
D-28334 Bremen                          Mail:           mailto:schell AT
physik.uni-bremen DOT de
Germany                                 www:
http://www.iup.physik.uni-bremen.de

http://www.sciamachy.de

http://www.geoscia.de