Amanda-Users

scsi-changer volume label

2003-01-29 17:56:36
Subject: scsi-changer volume label
From: Terri Eads <eads AT rap.ucar DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 15:25:27 -0700
Hello,

I've recently downloaded and installed the scsi-changer
(version 0.20) from Gerd Knorr <kraxel AT bytesex DOT org>.
One of the options on the mover command is:

        mover settag <elem> [ pri | alt ] <tag>

But when I try this on my host to get my amanda labels
to show up in the list of elements, I get the following
error:

# mover settag s0 pri RAP1.1
/dev/sch0: mt=1 st=42 ie=1 dt=2
ioctl failed (SVOLTAG): Invalid request code

I have a Spectralogics 5000 attached to a Debian linux 3.0
system running 2.4.20. Everything else works fine, i.e.
moving tapes around, etc.

Thanks for any help you can offer. I emailed the author but
got no response.
--
Terri Eads              UNIX Systems Administrator
eads AT ucar DOT edu            Research Applications Program