Amanda-Users

Re: amflush surprise

2003-01-24 23:18:24
Subject: Re: amflush surprise
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>, Jon LaBadie <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 22:48:16 -0500
On Friday 24 January 2003 16:22, Jon LaBadie wrote:
>Responding to myself :)
>
>On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 11:50:19AM -0500, Jon LaBadie wrote:
>> Ran an amflush that for the first time was greater than
>> a single tape capacity.  Amflush knows about my changer
>> (shifted to the correct tape) and my config has runtapes
>> set to 2 (this has worked for amdump).  Yet amflush did
>> not attempt to use a second tape.
>>
>> Perhaps this is normal, expected behavior.
>> But I was surprised.
>>
>> Do others see amflush using multiple tapes?
>
>I intentionally let several dumps build up so I could test
>whether this was a repeatable observation.  Gene H. did
>the same (thanks).
>
>Both of us found that amflush did indeed use multiple tapes
>if necessary.  So the incident that prompted my question
>must have been a fluke that I'm not about to investigate
>further.

Let me further qualify that in that for the flush testing sessions
of the tests, I had changed the runtapes setting in my amanda.conf
from 1 to 4, so it was permitted to use the whole magazine full at
the time.  I repeated this twice, once for amflush, and once for
amdump with the autoflush option turned on.  I've left that on
FWIW.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M