Amanda-Users

Re: amflush surprise

2003-01-24 16:57:26
Subject: Re: amflush surprise
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: Jon LaBadie <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:22:44 -0500
Responding to myself :)

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 11:50:19AM -0500, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> Ran an amflush that for the first time was greater than
> a single tape capacity.  Amflush knows about my changer
> (shifted to the correct tape) and my config has runtapes
> set to 2 (this has worked for amdump).  Yet amflush did
> not attempt to use a second tape.
>
> Perhaps this is normal, expected behavior.
> But I was surprised.
>
> Do others see amflush using multiple tapes?

I intentionally let several dumps build up so I could test
whether this was a repeatable observation.  Gene H. did
the same (thanks).

Both of us found that amflush did indeed use multiple tapes
if necessary.  So the incident that prompted my question
must have been a fluke that I'm not about to investigate
further.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)