Amanda-Users

RAIT in 2.4.3b4

2003-01-23 15:39:36
Subject: RAIT in 2.4.3b4
From: Scott Mcdermott <smcdermott AT questra DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 15:12:45 -0500
docs/RAIT says two things that I'm confused about:

   - "[RAIT supports only 3 or 5 drive configurations.]"  I have four
     drives and no capacity for another in my library... this means I
     should just remove one of my drives right?

   - "currently it is only integrated with the chg-manual script." Ok
     this means I have no hope of using my library automatically (eg,
     as I could with chg-mtx if not using RAIT) ?

I'm also curious about a couple of things:

   - is there a source tree more recent than 2.4.3b4 (which is from last
     August?) that I might be able to pull from? This RAIT stuff appears
     to be a little bleeding edge and I want to be sure to have the code
     with all the latest bugfixes...

   - is anyone using RAIT in a production environment?

   - with just the tapes and no Amanda, is it possible to "destripe" a
     RAIT set or otherwise get at the data?

   - is there a 2.5 tree somewhere with additional features?

Thanks.