Amanda-Users

amandahostsauth failed

2003-01-23 12:03:25
Subject: amandahostsauth failed
From: Santiago <santi AT mleads DOT com>
To: Amanda Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:17:43 -0700
Thanks so much to everyone responding to my first question. I got that fixed right away. However, I am still running into the following issue. Possibly my configuration is poor . ..

the error is:

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
ERROR: scratchy: [access as amanda not allowed from amanda@backup] amandahostsauth failed
Client check: 3 hosts checked in 0.020 seconds, 1 problem found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.3)

The backup server is multihomed to enable it to backup 2 network segments.

The machine scratchy has the same .amandahosts in /home/amanda as other hosts that pass the check. The only difference between scratchy and the other hosts is that scratchy is on a different network segment.

One network segment is a private lan with private IPs that is natted to the real world. The other segment has public IP addresses. I get the same error whether or not the backup server is multihomed to both networks or not.

The scratchy client was compiled (and recompiled) with ./configure --with-user=amanda --with-group=amanda --without-server. The default amandahosts enabled was left alone (this worked on the other 2 clients).

IPtable, IPchains, etc. is not running on the machine and it is set up to allow amanda in /etc/hosts.allow.

Ideas?

TIA,

Santiago