Amanda-Users

Re: Tape error problems

2003-01-22 10:23:19
Subject: Re: Tape error problems
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Rebecca Pakish Crum <rebecca AT unterlaw DOT com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:48:15 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 at 8:17am, Rebecca Pakish Crum wrote

> But that same night when my cron job tried to kick off the backup:
> *** A TAPE ERROR OCCURRED: [rewinding tape: No medium found].
> Some dumps may have been left in the holding disk.
> Run amflush to flush them to tape.
> The next tape Amanda expects to use is: isymmdaily09.
>
> And yes, the tape is in the drive. It's still in there now, hasn't been
> touched. This has happened to me almost every day for the last week. So
> it's not just this tape. I've cleaned the drive, turned the drive off,
> bounced the box...all of the little things.

And amflush works when you come in the next day?

Are there any messages in /var/log/messages when amdump kicks off at
night?

Are the janitors turning off your tape drive at night?  ;)

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering