Amanda-Users

Re: Make amanda unload tape drive?

2003-01-22 09:02:30
Subject: Re: Make amanda unload tape drive?
From: Simon Young <simon-amanda-users AT blackstar.co DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 13:31:06 +0000
On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 01:13:14AM -0500, Jon LaBadie wrote:

> > > For amdump this is easy.

Is it really easy when using a tape changer?

If you follow amdump with an amtape eject command, will you not be
ejecting the tape in the 'current' slot?

Once amdump has finished, isn't the current slot incremented? Implying
that you'll be ejecting the tape in the next slot, which is most likely
the one amanda will be wanting to use next.

I'm not quite clear about this yet, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

And what if amanda uses more than one tape in a single run? Is there a
nice way to have it eject only the tapes it used?

Thanks,

Simon.