Amanda-Users

Replacing a partially bad tape

2003-01-21 15:36:12
Subject: Replacing a partially bad tape
From: Anthony Valentine <amv AT sbsalaska DOT com>
To: Amanda Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: 21 Jan 2003 11:01:02 -0900
Hello!

I have a tape that has gone bad, however the damage is very near the end
of the tape, so that I am still able to get data off of the beginning.

I would like to replace this tape with a new one, however I don't want
Amanda to forget about the old one yet.  Aside from waiting until the
day it's going to be overwritten (which isn't for 60 days, and I don't
want to forget), can I label the new tape but still have Amanda keep the
index for the old one, just in case I need it?

Thanks in advance!

--
Anthony Valentine <amv AT sbsalaska DOT com>