Amanda-Users

Re: aborted amdump causes tape to be used

2003-01-21 03:24:47
Subject: Re: aborted amdump causes tape to be used
From: Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martinea AT iro.umontreal DOT ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 08:55:21 +0100
Hi,
what about amrmtape <tapelabel>?
That's exactly the designated job for it.....
Christoph

Jean-Louis Martineau schrieb:
On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 02:16:15PM -0500, Jeremy L. Mordkoff wrote:

I just aborted an amdump about a minute after it started because I
forgot to specify a switch. When I tried to rerun the backup with the
correct options, she wants me to insert a new tape, so I assume that she
has marked that tape as having data on it. How do I tell her to forget
everything about that aborted run and free up that tape?

Is there a place I should be looking this kind of question up?

Relabel your tape with 'amlabel -f'.

JLM :-)