Amanda-Users

amrecover and index

2003-01-17 17:05:45
Subject: amrecover and index
From: Buster Lipps <isthmusbob AT yahoo DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 13:36:45 -0800 (PST)
Hello,
We are running Amanda-2.4.2p2 on Redhat8.0 installed
via  RedHat RPM.
 When running amrecover, the index server is not able
to find index
records for the date specified, even though those
index records exist
and appear to be well-formed.  The basic procedure is:

amrecover -C <config>
setdisk <disk>

NOTE:  if I specify a disk that does not exist, then I
get the error
message:
amrecover> setdisk /<no_real_disk>
501 No index records for disk: </no_real_disk>.
Invalid?
amrecover>

If I specify a disk that has been backed up, then I
get the following:

amrecover> setdisk <disk>
Scanning /var/tmp...
200 Disk set to <disk>.
No index records for disk for specified date
If date correct, notify system administrator

If I look in the index directory
files such as
the following:

20030116_0.gz

if I gunzip those files, then I see entries of one
file per line,
starting with "/".

The dump type is set for index, and these actually
appear to be
getting created correctly, however, the index server
does not seem to
be able to recognize that.