Amanda-Users

buggy gnutar

2003-01-17 17:00:26
Subject: buggy gnutar
From: Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
To: AMANDA users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:17:32 -0500
Hello,

I just realized yesterday that one of my amanda client is using a
buggy version of gnutar (SGI Freeware version 1.13) and that the index
files have garbage at the beginning of each line:

07607207551/./amanda/etc/
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

            crap!

preventing me from using amrecover. I can still restore from tapes but
not with amrecover interface.

So after going through some index files and cleaning them and
verifying that amrecover can deal with them I wonder what else might
have gone wrong using this gnutar version.

Does someone knows which sub-version of gnutar 1.13 are affected with
this bug?

regards,
jf
--