Amanda-Users

GNU tar estimates for vfat filesystems (solved: Description of solution)

2003-01-14 19:25:20
Subject: GNU tar estimates for vfat filesystems (solved: Description of solution)
From: Karakas AT t-online DOT de (Chris Karakas)
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 00:37:33 +0100
Dear AMANDA users,

I am referring to the "vfat estimates" problem that I had almost two
years ago. It has to do with getting the estimates right on a vfat
filesystem. I had quite a few discussions on this at that time, see

to mention just two. I tried a suggestion from Alexandre, it worked
and I reported it to the list. Still, I didn't find the time to write
down the details of it, so that others could benefit from my solution.

It was not until recently that I was able to fulfill my promise. The
document describing all the details of the solution to the above "vfat
estimates" problem can be found in my homepage in

http://www.karakas-online.de/myAMANDA/t1.html

I will be very glad to receive your feedback on this. I have made every
possible effort to follow the style and spirit of the Linux
Documentation Project in producing this document, which can be found in
various formats in the address given. It is referring to
an older AMANDA version though (2.4.1p1). Enjoy!

--
Regards

Chris Karakas
http://www.karakas-online.de