Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda with star

2003-01-08 11:27:51
Subject: Re: Amanda with star
From: "C. Chan" <cchan AT surya.bsd.uchicago DOT edu>
To: Sébastien GALLET <sgallet AT ibourgogne DOT net>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 09:23:04 -0600 (CST)
Also Sprach Sébastien GALLET:

> Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 at 1:49pm, Sébastien GALLET wrote
> >
> >>I wan't to use acl with on XFS filesystems and backup them with amanda.
> >>How can i backup files+acl with amanda?. tar doesn't backup acl, we must
> >>use star ???
> >
> >Err, what's wrong with xfsdump?
> >
> My file system is too large so i can't put it on a single tape ... :((

xfsdump will do directory trees that are not whole filesystems, but
only full lev 0 dumps, no incrementals. But star doesn't do incrementals
either, at least not yet - it's taken a big step forward by supporting inode
metadata. I don't know how well it handles XFS ACL information.

----
C. Chan <c-chan AT uchicago DOT edu>
GPG Public Key  ( pgp.mit.edu | finger cchan AT vader.bsd.uchicago DOT edu )
"Lif is laene: eal sceaceth, leoht ond lif samod"