Amanda-Users

amverify errors

2003-01-08 04:26:40
Subject: amverify errors
From: Mozzi <linux AT mostert.nom DOT za>
To: Amanda <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 10:16:40 +0200
Hallo all
Sorry for the very large post
I got the errors(quoted below) when I run amverify
What do they mean and more importantly how do I fix them ???

[root@backup1 sbin]# ./amverify daily
No tape changer...
Tape device is /dev/nst0...
Verify summary to amanda
Defects file is /tmp/amanda/amverify.23221/defects
amverify daily
Wed Jan  8 10:27:14 SAST 2003

Using device /dev/nst0
Waiting for device to go ready...
Rewinding...
Processing label...
Volume DailySet1-002, Date 20030103
Rewinding...
** Error detected ()
amrestore:   0: skipping start of tape: date 20030103 label DailySet1-002
amrestore: could not fsf /dev/nst0: Input/output error
** No header
0+0 in
0+0 out
** Error detected ()
amrestore: error reading file header: Input/output error
[...]
Too many errors.
Rewinding...
Errors found:
DailySet1-002 ():