Amanda-Users

Re: Backup Oracle

2003-01-07 13:30:49
Subject: Re: Backup Oracle
From: Francesc Guasch Ortiz <frankie AT etsetb.upc DOT es>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 18:20:08 +0100
Rebecca Pakish Crum wrote:
I use amanda to back up oracle. Basically I backup the cold backups that oracle
does on it's own. I've restored from it as well. It's clean. I've never tried
to just back up individual tables. In my opinion, oracle wouldn't restore
cleanly that way no matter what was backing it up. Oracle likes to restore from
it's own backups.

I have also just set up a backup of an Oracle webserver
with amanda.

I'm using the script that comes with the book Unix Backup
& Recovery. It does the backup in one directory, then I use
amanda to send all the partitions to tape ( but the one with
the Oracle live tables).

I think that the script can be found out there. It's
oraback.sh