Amanda-Users

Re: OSX and hfstar

2003-01-07 12:24:39
Subject: Re: OSX and hfstar
From: David Raistrick <drais AT wow.atlasta DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 08:16:44 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, David Raistrick wrote:

> Looking at the hfstar package, I suspect this would work well.
>
> Simply compile your amanda-client with --with-gnutar=/usr/local/bin/hfstar
> (or similar) and give it a go.
>
> In fact, I'll toss this onto my testbed OSX box tonight (though I'll
> simply name the hfstar as gnutar...:) and see how it works.

I replaced gnutar with hfstar last night on my OSX 10.1 testbed last
night.

The backup went smoothly for the same data I was using hfstar
for.  amrecover was able to restore the data smoothly as well.  The volume
in question is an HFS+ formated volume.

Looks good to me. :)

Thanks for the suggestion!

...david