Amanda-Users

Tapeless Backup Documentation - call for volunteers

2003-01-02 12:52:27
Subject: Tapeless Backup Documentation - call for volunteers
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 12:15:26 -0500
There are messages similar to the following,
posted frequently to the amanda-users list:

  There is not much documentation in setting up AMANDA
  to be backuped up to a Hard Drive.  I checked web sites,
  the MAN pages, the mailing lists.

  And three weeks of trying to do this on my own, I need help.

I know some of you are using this feature.
Anyone care to volunteer to write a HOW-TO
that might be added to our documentation "library".

You would gain fame and fortune (well fame anyway,
among a small elite group of appreciative readers).

Before you ask "why doesn't he do it himself",
I'm still running 2.4.2 which doesn't support
the file driver feature.

Thanks to anyone who tackles the task.
 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)