Amanda-Users

Re: ip not in list (fwd) GOT IT!

2002-11-26 17:11:58
Subject: Re: ip not in list (fwd) GOT IT!
From: "Kyle S. Allender" <kylea AT pointecom DOT net>
To: <ahall AT secureworks DOT net>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 15:36:11 -0600
On 25.10.2001 14.51 Uhr, "ahall AT secureworks DOT net" <ahall AT secureworks
DOT net>
wrote:

> Please disregard.  I figured it out.
>
> Thanks anyways.
>
> Drew

I ran into the same problem.  I found out that the server (and perhaps the
client) need to have the forward and reverse Ips in DNS.  These particular
systems had entries in forward DNS, but since they are multi-homed hosts,
also needed all the IP addresses in reverse DNS.

I added both server and client entries into reverse DNS for all IP addresses
that were bound to the primary interfaces and voila - it's working.  I'm not
certain if this was the entries being added for the server or both.

I would suppose it would be prudent to add both the server and clients to
DNS.  I just thought I'd post this as a follow-up for everyone.

Hope this helps someone.
--

Kyle Allender