Amanda-Users

Re: COMPAQ TSL-9000 DAT autoloader device

2002-11-21 16:28:30
Subject: Re: COMPAQ TSL-9000 DAT autoloader device
From: Jay Lessert <jayl AT accelerant DOT net>
To: marc.bigler AT day DOT com
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:40:00 -0800
On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 01:55:27PM +0100, marc.bigler AT day DOT com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone have experience in configuration a COMPAQ/SONY TSL-9000 DAT
> DDS-3 device with AMANDA ? I have only the device and no single
> documentation about it. What I can tell is that it's an 8 DDS-3 tape
> changer device which gets recognized on my Solaris 8 system under
> /dev/rmt/0. Somehow it doesn't have two devices in it (as usual where you
> have one device for the changer and one device for the tape) so that's
> already something weird. I've tried to use mtx but mtx doesn't seem to like
> the device at all.

Once you know exactly what the target/lun setup for the changer is
(you *really* need documentation), you can proceed.

In any case, you should do:

    setenv auto-boot? false
    reset-all
    probe-scsi-all
    setenv auto-boot? true

It is either two targets, or one target with 2 luns.

On Solaris 8, you'll need to configure the sgen driver for the robot.
In the mtx distribution, see contrib/config_sgen_solaris.sh.  Do not
just run the script please (there's a cvs command that will fail,
and you may need lun!=0), read and understand first.

You'll end up with a device like: /dev/scsi/changer/cNtMd0, that's
what you point mtx (or chg-scsi, I suppose) at.

--
Jay Lessert                               jay_lessert AT accelerant DOT net
Accelerant Networks Inc.                       (voice)1.503.439.3461