Amanda-Users

amrecover fails

2002-11-19 15:46:04
Subject: amrecover fails
From: "Richard B. Tilley (Brad)" <rtilley AT vt DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 15:11:13 -0500
Hello,

I have some very large backup files that amanda pulls from Windows 2000 PCs. I
use ntbackup to copy the entire 'Documents and Settings' directory on the
Windows PC to a file. This file may be as large as 2 Gigabytes.

Amanda copies the files OK and amverify can read all the files successfully.
However, amrecover fails when trying to restore the large files, the error
message is below:

timeout waiting for amrestore
increase READ_TIMEOUT in  recover-src/extract_list.c if your tape is slow
amrecover: error reading tape: Bad file descriptor
extract_list - child returned non-zero status:1
Continue? [Y/n]: amrecover>

Is there a way to correct this? I use RH 7.3 and amanda 2.4.2p2 that came with
the distro. Amrecover has no problem restoring the smaller files (400 - 600
MB), it's just the largest files that fail. My tape drives are Quantum DLT
4000.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Brad