Amanda-Users

Re: xinetd deactivating service amanda ??

2002-11-19 07:36:07
Subject: Re: xinetd deactivating service amanda ??
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Urte Fürst <Urte.Fuerst AT dlr DOT de>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 07:07:35 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 at 8:29am, Urte Fürst wrote

> I tried to play with the available options in the /etc/xinetd.d/amanda file
> first,
> but that did not help (maybe I did it the wrong way). Obviously I can get
> around
> the problem, when I do not mount /usr/amanda from the other machine but
> compile amanda
> on the new machine and install it locally. Then my amcheck reports
> 'everything ok'
> and the backup will run.
>
> So, it's not a showstopper for my backup. I'm simply wondering why this is
> happening.
> Any ideas?

As a first guess, are you exporting /usr on the known-good client with the
no_root_squash option?  If not, then root on NFS clients mounting the FS
get mapped to 'nobody' on the server, which probably wouldn't work too
well.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering