Amanda-Users

Tape Changer Question

2002-11-15 18:49:29
Subject: Tape Changer Question
From: Yan Lam <lamy AT unify DOT com>
To: "'amanda-users AT amanda DOT org'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 15:05:01 -0800
Currently, I have Amanda doing backups with two tape drives ( both are
DLT7000 drives).  I noticed that Amanda deferred many level 0 backups with
the "...[dumps too big, full dump delayed]" in the log file.

The first tape is filled; however, the second tape only taped 8GB of data.

My question is that if Amanda is setup to use both tape drives (both tapes),
wouldn't Amanda will try to fill up both tape as much as possible instead of
postpone the level0 backups?

Yan Lam - Systems Administrator
Unify Corporation, http://www.unify.com <http://www.unify.com>
T: 916 * 928-6226 E: lamy AT unify DOT com

"May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make
you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, enough hope to make you happy".