Amanda-Users

Re: Question about Amanda features

2002-11-12 11:19:50
Subject: Re: Question about Amanda features
From: Dave Sherohman <dsherohman AT westling DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 09:44:06 -0600
On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 12:26:07PM +0100, Nicolas Cartron wrote:
> But i'd like to know how to do if i want to recover my data ?
> I mean there will be some full dumps, some incremental,... what's the hell?

Such is the magic of amrecover.  So long as your dumps are indexed, you
can start up amrecover, tell it the files you want to recover and the date
to recover them from, and amrecover tells you which tape(s) to feed it.

If, for some reason, you don't index your dumps, well... then you're on
your own.  Start with the tape from the date in question, see if it's
got the file and, if not, go a day earlier.  Repeat until you find it.