Amanda-Users

Error with barcode reader Email Message

2002-11-08 06:29:28
Subject: Error with barcode reader Email Message
From: "Owain Pritchard" <owp AT llgc.org DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 10:48:13 -0000
Hi.

I'm having a little trouble understanding why everytime I run
amcheck or amdump I receive a large email with the subject "Error
with barcode reader on Fri ..." and contains a list full of enties like:-

Fri Nov  8 10:38:05 GMT 2002 Invoked with args '-info'
STATUS -> currently loaded slot = -1
INFO -> current slot -1, last slot 9, can go backwards 1
Fri Nov  8 10:38:05 GMT 2002 Invoked with args '-search
BacypMis12'
SEARCH -> WARNING!!!  BacypMis12 not found in current ADIC-
barcodes database.
       -> WARNING!!!  Check your typing, and/or update the
database.

>From my point of view, the barcode reader is working perfectly.  I
can still run inventory commands etc.  Even when amcheck is
running the autoloader still looks for and locates the correct tapes
but when either amcheck or amdump begin, amanda sends out the
message!

Any ideas would be most welcome

Thank you!