Amanda-Users

Re: concerns

2002-11-07 22:22:16
Subject: Re: concerns
From: Galen Johnson <gjohnson AT trantor DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 21:46:58 -0500
Galen Johnson wrote:

Jon LaBadie has been corresponding with me offlist in regards to this topic. I will summarize when I am confident I have found the culprit. (whether it be Amanda, tar or the actual disk being backed up)...

=G=

Sorry for the delay in this....

This seems to have been either the Snap server (not impressed with these things) slowly dying or a malicious user. I'm leaning more to the Snap server since it died hard and was the cause of the restore. The logs for the recent backups really don't make much sense.

Amanda and tar seem to be vindicated...

=G=