Amanda-Users

Re: index question

2002-11-05 17:38:43
Subject: Re: index question
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Galen Johnson <gjohnson AT trantor DOT org>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 17:23:59 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 5 Nov 2002 at 5:08pm, Galen Johnson wrote

> Is it proper for amanda to not see the indexes for disks that have been
> removed from the disklist but are still on the current tapes?  I
> recently stopped backing up a server to keep from getting a bunch of
> failed messages in my reports.  Now when I run amrecover and setdisk to
> that backup it tells me that there are no indexes and yet I can look in
> my var/daily/index/hostname directory and the indexes are there.
>
> Is this normal?

I believe that amrecover does the equivalent of a "amadmin CONFIG find
$HOST $DISK" to look for disks to recover, and this relies on the
disklist.  So, yes it's normal.

You can either put the entry temporarily back in the disklist or get the
stuff via amrestore.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering