Amanda-Users

Re: Host Down after RH update to 7.2 - Help needed checking Xinetd co nfiguration.

2002-11-01 10:44:15
Subject: Re: Host Down after RH update to 7.2 - Help needed checking Xinetd co nfiguration.
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 10:33:19 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 1 Nov 2002 at 9:16am, Frank Smith wrote

> --On Friday, November 01, 2002 14:29:44 +0000 Kevin Passey <kpassey AT
> kdpsoftware.co DOT uk> wrote:
>
> > Since I've brought my RH7.2 up to date and re-booted my server Amanda no
> > longer works.
> >
> > When I run amcheck I get a HOST DOWN error.
> >

> Then kill -USR2 `cat /var/run/xinetd.pid`. Sending xinetd a HUP just causes
> it to write a debug file and does not cause it to re-read it's config files.
> If you have xinetd on your Amanda server you will also need sections for
> amandaidx and amidxtape similar to the above.

You can also do '/etc/init.d/xinetd restart'.

To add to the above information, also check that /etc/hosts.{allow,deny}
are set properly -- xinetd uses them.  You can tell if they're
rejecting the amcheck request by looking in /var/log/messages (or is
it secure, I always forget).  Also, check your firewall settings in
/etc/sysconfig/ipchains.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering