Amanda-Users

Re: Host Down after RH update to 7.2 - Help needed checking Xinetd co nfiguration.

2002-11-01 10:32:43
Subject: Re: Host Down after RH update to 7.2 - Help needed checking Xinetd co nfiguration.
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Kevin Passey <kpassey AT kdpsoftware.co DOT uk>, "Amanda (E-mail)" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 09:16:26 -0600

--On Friday, November 01, 2002 14:29:44 +0000 Kevin Passey <kpassey AT
kdpsoftware.co DOT uk> wrote:

Can anybody help me - I need to check my configuration.

Since I've brought my RH7.2 up to date and re-booted my server Amanda no
longer works.

When I run amcheck I get a HOST DOWN error.

Can anybody point me to a document which will enable me to re-check the
configuration - the original documentation only talks about inetd's config
file.

Thanks

Kevin

On the clients you will need something similar to this in /etc/xinetd.d/amanda:

service amanda
{
       socket_type             = dgram
       protocol                = udp
       wait                    = yes
       user                    = backup
       group                   = sys
       server                  = /usr/local/libexec/amandad
       disable                 = no
}

Then kill -USR2 `cat /var/run/xinetd.pid`. Sending xinetd a HUP just causes
it to write a debug file and does not cause it to re-read it's config files.
If you have xinetd on your Amanda server you will also need sections for
amandaidx and amidxtape similar to the above.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                                fsmith AT hoovers
DOT com