Amanda-Users

Errors with amrecover

2002-11-01 05:15:02
Subject: Errors with amrecover
From: "Owain Pritchard" <owp AT llgc.org DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 10:12:30 -0000
After the help I received yesterday I continued to try to get
amrecover to work.

I set the host and disk correctly and specified the correct tape drive
using the amrecover -d command.

The problem I am now having is that when I type in the extract
command the following message appears:-

amrecover> extract

Extracting files using tape drive /dev/st0 on host Neli.
The following tapes are needed: BacypDydd21

Restoring files into directory /root
Continue? [Y/n]: y

Load tape BacypDydd21 now
Continue? [Y/n]: y
EOF, check amidxtaped.debug file on Neli.
amrecover: short block 0 bytes
UNKNOWN file
amrecover: Can't read file header
extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1
Continue? [Y/n]: y
amrecover>

While this appears on the screen there is no activity from the tape
drive at all so it does not check to see if the tape is there.

Any help with this problem would be greatly welcomed.