Amanda-Users

Re: Permission denied errors

2002-09-27 11:27:44
Subject: Re: Permission denied errors
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Ashwin Bijur <abijur AT craft-tech DOT com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 09:59:55 -0500
To change NFS export options, you generally need to unmount the
filesystem on the client, change the export options on the NFS
server, re-export the filesystem on the server, and mount it
back on the client.
 If you change mount options on the NFS client, you just need
to remount the filesystem on the client.
 On the client side there may also be an option on whether
to honor SUID bits (Solaris, for example).
 Before you spend too much time with NFS options, verify that
is really the problem.  If you are root on the Amanda server
can you look at the files that Amanda gives errors on?  If not,
then you need to see why root on the Amanda host is being mapped
to a different user on your NFS server. If you can read the files
as root, then verify that a SUID-root executable on the NFS
server really runs as root on the client.

Frank

--On Friday, September 27, 2002 09:56:06 -0400 Ashwin Bijur <abijur AT craft-tech