Amanda-Users

Re: trailing garbage

2002-09-24 03:26:10
Subject: Re: trailing garbage
From: Mitch Collinsworth <mitch AT ccmr.cornell DOT edu>
To: Anthony Valentine <avalentine AT sbsalaska DOT com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 02:55:24 -0400 (EDT)
On 23 Sep 2002, Anthony Valentine wrote:

> When I manually extract a tar image from tape, then list or extract it's
> contents, I seem to always get the following:
>
>   gzip: stdin: decompression OK, trailing garbage ignored
>   gtar: Child returned status 2
>   gtar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

What version amanda is your server?  This sounds like a bug that was
supposedly fixed somewhere along the 2.4.3xxx timeframe.  We ran into
something like this when developing our amanda AFS client, and the AFS
utilities were not so forgiving.  We hacked around it in order to get
going, but I remember John reporting he'd checked in a fix.

-Mitch