Amanda-Users

Re: Restore of data to amanda client fails

2002-09-23 03:41:29
Subject: Re: Restore of data to amanda client fails
From: "Neil" <neil-on-amanda AT restricted.dyndns DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 02:13:05 -0500
Hey, I got it working. I executed amrecover on the client machine. :) Is it possible to restore data to a client machine but the commands will be executed on the amanda-server? Thanks. Neil writes:
Hi, I've just setup another freebsd as an amanda client. I have here a report, http://restricted.dyndns.org/report.txt, which tells me that it was able to backup the filesystem of both the client and the server. BTW, buko is the amanda-server and gateway is the amanda-client. I was wondering why when I restore data of amanda-client from the tape on the amanda-server console, the data is restored to the local harddrive of the amanda-server and not to the amanda-client machine. Here are the steps which I executed on buko, the amanda server:
1. mt rewind
2. sethost gateway.restricted.dyndns.org
3. setdate 2002-09-22
4. setdisk /usr
5. cd local
6. add src
7. extract Or should I execute amrecover on the client machine? It will be nice if amrecover will be executed on the amanda-server then amanda-server will push the data to the wire going to the amanda-client. This is similar to the remote backup of amanda clients. Thanks again.
Neil