Amanda-Users

Re: Hostname lookups[continued]

2002-09-19 14:21:04
Subject: Re: Hostname lookups[continued]
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: "Martinez, Michael - CSREES/ISTM" <MMARTINEZ AT intranet.reeusda DOT gov>, Mozzi <linux AT mostert.nom DOT za>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 14:09:48 -0400
On Thursday 19 September 2002 11:31, Martinez, Michael - CSREES/ISTM
wrote:
>When I first installed amanda I had this problem too, and fixed it
> by making sure .amanahosts had correct permissions and correct
> contents.
>
>Here's the specs, in the case when an Amanda server is also an
> Amanda Client.
>
>Server .amandahosts (perms 400)
>------------------------
>server.com amanda
>server.com root
>client1.com root
>client2.com root
>client3.com root
>
>Client .amandahosts (perms 660)
>-------------------------------
>server.com amanda
>
>Michael Martinez
>System Administrator

Thanks Michael, I had forgotten that little but very important
detail (again).  Can I blame it on alzheimers?  Memory, second
thing to go you know.

Getting old does not come highly recommended from those who have
done so.  It makes practice at apologizing unneccessary because you
do it often enough for real to stay in practice.  :-)

These perms are very important, and amanda will reject excessive
perms on this ".amandahosts" file.

[...]

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M