Amanda-Users

Re: help for compiling amanda to support xfsdump in RH 7.3

2002-09-18 10:11:44
Subject: Re: help for compiling amanda to support xfsdump in RH 7.3
From: Zhen Liu <zliu AT iusb DOT edu>
To: "Joshua Baker-LePain" <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 09:01:38 -0500
Hi Joshua:

I tried to recompile amanda client to support xfsdump...and followed
the four steps you mentioned below...for some reason, it still can not
backup xfs volume on that client...so, I am wondering that something
must be wrong when I was doing the recompiling...

Could you please give me a little more specific instructions about
this?  I really appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot,

Zhen Liu
 -------------------
> On Fri, 23 Aug 2002 at 10:30am, Zhen Liu wrote
>
> > I first checked that I have xfsdump installed in the box, then I
> > started to run ./configure, make, make check, make install...and
> > configured the amanda client...it seems like amanda can not
recognize
> > the xfs...
>
> First check to make sure that ./configure finds xfsdump:
>
> checking for xfsdump... /sbin/xfsdump
> checking for xfsrestore... /sbin/xfsrestore
> configure: warning: *** xfsdump causes the setuid-root rundump
program to be enabled
> configure: warning: *** to disable it, just #undef XFSDUMP in
config/config.h

****I saw these when I was running ./configure...

> Second, make sure you're doing the 'make install' as root, or the
bits
> that need to be setuid won't be.

****I was doing the 'make, make check, anda make install' as root...

  Third, are your XFS partitions in the
> fstab?

****I have the XFS paritions in the fstab...

Fourth, make sure you're trying to use xfsdump on entire

****I am trying to use xfsdump on entire partitions.

> --
> Joshua Baker-LePain
> Department of Biomedical Engineering