Amanda-Users

Help with HP Ultrium 1/20 tapedev

2002-09-17 11:35:43
Subject: Help with HP Ultrium 1/20 tapedev
From: Eiseg Feuer <eiseg AT ichaos DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:12:25 -0600 (MDT)
Hi,

We just recently switched from older hp surestore DLT 3000 library to
one of the newer SureStore 1/20's with a Ultrium drive.  I had amanda
working under the old setup just fine, on this new setup I can't seem
to get everthing up and running.  I can run the test chg-zd-mtx from
the tpchanger and get no errors, plus I can load & unload tapes using
mtx but the moment I try to run amtape DailySet1 command it just
hangs.  Any ideas from anyone?  (I've checked permissions & ran
everything as root just to be sure, so it's not a permission issue).

Thanks for any help.

##### cut from amanda.conf
tpchanger "chg-zd-mtx"
changerfile "/etc/amanda/config/changer"
tapedev "/dev/nst0"
changerdev "/dev/sg16"

tapetype Ultrium                # what kind of tape it is (see
tapetypes below)
labelstr "^.*$" # label constraint regex: all tapes must match
# Actually tape label string is AA1234L1, AA1235L1, etc...

##### Cut from changerfirstslot=1
lastslot=19
cleanslot=20
autoclean=0
autocleancount=999
havereader=1
offlinestatus=0
offline_before_unload=0

##### Ultrium tape from amanda.conf
define tapetype Ultrium {
    comment "just produced by tapetype program"
    length 103998 mbytes
    filemark 533 kbytes
    speed 1912 kps
}