Amanda-Users

new with amanda

2002-09-17 06:07:29
Subject: new with amanda
From: "Neil" <neil-on-amanda AT restricted.dyndns DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 04:45:09 -0500
Good day everyone, I have just installed amanda and I have configured it. I want to backup my machine where I installed amanda. No clients yet. I have this error:
# su amanda -c "/usr/local/amanda/sbin/amcheck Daily"
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
ERROR: program /usr/local/libexec/planner: not executable
ERROR: holding disk /usr/amanda: statfs: No such file or directory
amcheck-server: could not get changer info: cannot create /usr/adm/amanda/changer-status-clean: directory nonexistent
Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
ERROR: localhost: [host localhost.restricted.dyndns.org: port 1097 not secure] Client check: 1 host checked in 0.121 seconds, 1 problem found (brought to you by Amanda 2.4.2p2)
Here is my amanda.conf in /usr/local/etc/amanda/Daily
http://restricted.dyndns.org/amanda.conf
And here is my disklist in /usr/local/etc/amanda/Daily
http://restricted.dyndns.org/disklist Right now, I only have 1 tape. Using dump utility is ok. I can dump my /usr and other fs on my FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE. Now, I would like to learn amanda. It think, my amanda.conf is not being read. I am sure that amandad is running using netstat -na. Here is the output of netstat:
Active Internet connections (including servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q  Local Address          Foreign Address        (state)
tcp4       0      0  *.10083                *.*                    LISTEN
tcp4       0      0  *.10082                *.*                    LISTEN
udp4 0 0 *.10080 *.*
So what mistake did I do or what step in the procedure did I miss?
And also, can someone please fix my amanda.conf. I wanted in such a way that it will do full-backup every Saturday only. Again, I have only 1 tape
for now. This is just for learning and eventually, implement it in
production. Please help. Neil