Amanda-Users

Re: problems getting vxdump to work with amanda...

2002-09-16 05:48:55
Subject: Re: problems getting vxdump to work with amanda...
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 05:31:25 -0400
On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 11:20:12PM -0700, Luke Miller wrote:
> > Just obvious things:
   [snip]

> > is vxdump support solid in amanda 2.4.2?  I think it was barely introduced
> then.
>
> I just upgraded the client to 2.4.3b4 with the same resault.  Would I need
> to upgrade the server as well?

I don't know, never having run a system with vxdump.
Maybe others have an answer.

OTHERS anyone running a 2.4.2 server with a 2.4.3 client that has vxfs'
Or 2.4.3 server and client with vxfs?

FMI, do you have to take any action to tell amanda a particular
file system is vxfs?  Special dumptype or ???

> Any other ideas?

Did not realize earlier that this was a client.  You included logs,
I think "sendbackup.debug".  Were the logs you included earlier from
the client or server?  On the client, there would also be, I think,
rundump.debug files.  Anything enlightening?

There are archives on yahoogroups.  You might scan for vx<something>
there and see if any solutions pop up.  Have you checked the FAQ-O-M?

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)