Amanda-Users

Re: problems getting vxdump to work with amanda...

2002-09-16 02:46:50
Subject: Re: problems getting vxdump to work with amanda...
From: "Luke Miller" <millerlu AT integraonline DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 23:20:12 -0700
> Just obvious things:
>
> is the path to vxdump correct?

yes

> is the snapshot actually mounted?

yes

> is the snapshot reported as a vxfs file system (not the orig, the
snapshot)?

yes, I mounted it with -F vxfs.  Here is what mount says about it:

/fsapvol1SnapVol on /dev/vx/dsk/datadg1/datavol1:SnapVol read
only/setuid/ckpt=SnapVol/nolargefiles/ioerror=mwdisable/dev=3ff83
2e on Sun Sep 15 19:13:22 2002

> is it local?

yes

> is vxdump support solid in amanda 2.4.2?  I think it was barely introduced
then.

I just upgraded the client to 2.4.3b4 with the same resault.  Would I need
to upgrade the server as well?

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Luke Miller