Amanda-Users

Re: Too many taper retries

2002-09-13 02:45:59
Subject: Re: Too many taper retries
From: Mozzi <linux AT mostert.nom DOT za>
To: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 08:37:41 +0200
Gene Heskett wrote:
On Tuesday 28 April 2020 05:33, Gene Heskett wrote:

I just noted that my clock was foobar, set for something in april
2020!  As I have a daily rdate, is there any way to ascertain that
the rdate request to the server returns a sane result before it
blindly resets everything?  It happened yesterday morning on cron
executing my setibatch -uploads script which includes this rdate
command as it finishes up.

Sort of embarrasing that I missed it for nearly 2 days.

rdate -p <server>  ---> outputs the result to screen
rdate -s <server>  ---> sets the time

Mozzi