Amanda-Users

Re: amverify only on most recent set

2002-09-12 22:21:08
Subject: Re: amverify only on most recent set
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martinea AT iro.umontreal DOT ca>
To: Andrew Williams <amw1 AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 19:38:57 -0400
Hi Andrew,

I include a patch to amverify that add a third argument, the number of tape
you want to verify, it will take runtapes if the argument is absent.

I also include a new program (amverifyrun) which verify the tape
written in the latest run (amdump or amflush), this script grep
the log file to find the first slot to verify and the number of
tape use, it then call amverify with the appropriate parameters.

The third attachment is a patch for configure and Makefile to compile
and install amverifyrun.

I only did a few test, I'm using runtapes=1. Could you test it and
tell me if it works in your configuration.

Jean-Louis

--
Jean-Louis Martineau             email: martineau AT IRO.UMontreal DOT CA
Departement IRO, Universite de Montreal