Amanda-Users

samba dumps no worky

2002-09-12 21:33:55
Subject: samba dumps no worky
From: Galen Johnson <gjohnson AT trantor DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 21:12:41 -0400
Hi folks,

I'm moving forward with backing up my windows machines amanda. I've gotten samba talking to my windows boxes and can run 'smbclient -Uamanda%herpasswd -L windows_host' just fine.. .I see all the shares, etc...I can also see my samba server on the windows boxes. However, whwne I run 'amdump daily' I get the following:

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
 planner: ERROR Request to fwpilot timed out.
 fwpilot    //pdc_circ/c$ RESULTS MISSING
 fwpilot    //pdc_circ/d$ RESULTS MISSING

I think I have tracked it down to the fact that I can only see what's shared on the server but not actually access them. Any hints would be helpful...I've added amanda to the group which should give her enough permissions for everything (full control under windows perms). I'm at my wits end...any input, leads, places to look...you get the idea...anecdotes are welcome.

=G=