Amanda-Users

amlabel question

2002-09-10 14:43:17
Subject: amlabel question
From: Galen Johnson <gjohnson AT trantor DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 14:29:25 -0400
woohoo...I'm actually making progress...amcheck actually completed mostly without errors (mainly because I stupidly left the disklist at the default that came with amanda...silly...silly). I also forgot to label my tapes (I am currently in the process of this). Now the question...I have a 7 tape magazine...I'm gonna have to set runtapes to 2...I was planning to start sequentially labeling the tapes (daily000, daily001,...), should I label them 0-6 and then label the next magazine 7-13 or some other scheme?...docs aren't very clear on that.

I still am not too clear on the dumpcycle, runcycle, tapecycle, motorcycle, etc rules yet...alas more perusing of docs...

=G=