Amanda-Users

Re: working with multiple tape drives

2002-09-09 15:04:35
Subject: Re: working with multiple tape drives
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: "Quinn, Richard C. - Collinsville IT" <rcquinn AT roysterclark DOT com>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 14:52:07 -0400
On Monday 09 September 2002 13:42, Quinn, Richard C. - Collinsville
IT wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'll rephrase the original question because it might've been a
> little bit vague.
>
>I am running amanda 2.4.3b2.
>
>I am running this on a Sparc E450 running solaris 6.
>
>My jukebox/tape changer is a StoragTEK 9730.
>
>It has 2 Quantum DLT drives and 30 slots.
>
>I've been trying to make chg-scsi work with BOTH tape drives.
>That didn't work, so I thought maybe I could get by with making
> chg-scsi work with 2 different config files.
>One config file for each drive.
>That didn't work either.
>So I thought I'd just concentrate on trying to make chg-scsi work
> on one drive at a time.
>
>I can make my chg-scsi command work just fine when using the first
>Quantum DLT drive (/dev/rmt/2).
>
>So I then tried to make chg-scsi work with only the OTHER drive
>(/dev/rmt/3).
>
>That didn't work.
>
>So it seems that my problem is that I cannot make chg-scsi work
> with the second tape drive(/dev/rmt/3).
>

>Here is a snippet from amanda.conf:
>(NOTE, I have switched tapedev from '0' to /dev/rmt/3n(the
> commented entry)).

>tpchanger "chg-scsi"     #
>changerfile "/usr/local/amanda/etc/amanda/DailySet1/chg-scsi.conf"
>changerdev "/dev/rsst0"
>tapedev "0"     # the no-rewind tape device to be used
>#tapedev "/dev/rmt/3n"  # the no-rewind tape device to be used
>

>And here is chg-scsi.conf:
This s/b 2
>number_configs  1
>eject           1
>sleep           60
>cleanmax        10
>changerdev      /dev/rsst0
>#
>Drive 0
>#
below starts the first config
>config          0
>drivenum        0
>dev             /dev/rmt/3n
>startuse        0
>enduse          29
>statfile        /var/adm/amanda/DailySet1/tape1-slot
>cleancart       25
>cleanfile       /var/adm/amanda/DailySet1/tape1-clean
>usagecount      /var/adm/amanda/DailySet1/totaltime-tape1
>tapestatus      /var/adm/amanda/DailySet1/tape1-status

Then add your second config below here
config  1
etc,etc

And I'm pretty sure that 'tapedev' above actually refers the the
config number in the chg-scsi.conf file.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M